Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lazy linking - catching up edition

Wow. It has been a while since I've last blogged. My excuse is that work is pretty crazy for me right now - as usually is the case when I'm not blogging.

To make up for it, here is a few links that I've come across the last few weeks

First of all, I bring you a letter from Simon Singh, Ben Goldacre and Peter Wilmshurst calling for support for libel reform. All of the letter writers have been targets of lawsuits under English libel laws. Singh and Goldacre have both won theirs, at some personal cost, while Wilmshurst's case is ongoing.

Also from the UK: NHS 'should pull homeopathic hospital cash'

The British Medical Association (BMA) has told a BBC Scotland investigation that NHS Scotland should pull the plug on Glasgow's Homeopathic Hospital.


It's great to see the medical associations around the world starting to come out against wasting money on placebohomeopathy (there is also a facebook group and petition trying to het the NHS to stop funding quackery - details here)

The New Yorker takes on Rhonda Byrne in Power lines

From something much closer to my field of work: Vast Majority Of Software Patents In Lawsuits Lose. I might write more on this at a later stage, but let's just say that I am not surprised.

The Union of Concerned Scientists have a great website on Global warming

Related to this, is the Resource Institute's Summary of Developed Country ‘Fast-Start’ Climate Finance Pledges where one can keep track on how well the developed countries are doing on keeping their pledges from Copenhagen.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home